Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Secure sharing with no-pro users

Is there any way to share simple report with no-pro users so that they would not be able to share it to others?

I need to share a complicated database to client, however, as the data is confidential he is not allowed to share it further. As he is not a PowerBI user, I need some option to share it through web, but restrict access only to one user, similarly to Google Docs allowing acess to users whom I have shared the file with through mail.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have outlook lincences you can embed your report into share point so the user belongs to your(same) organization can see the rport your have embedded .

@Anonymous Any sort of embedding would require either a Power BI A sku, or EM sku for the users to be able to see the reports.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Anonymous You could license him through Azure B2B, share the report link and ensure when you share it that they cannot share if further.

You will need to cover a license for him and share via the Service. Otherwise, to your point, if you shared the PBIX file, they would have everything.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors