Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eldar
Regular Visitor

Secure publish of dashboards and reports

hey, I want to publish my reporst url's but i dont want that everyone who have the link can see them.

is there anyway to set some authentication method to the url's? 

7 REPLIES 7
eldar
Regular Visitor

Hello, we like to have an option to share the reporst url's with some authentiction method.

its very unsafe to publish the reports the way we use now, everyone that have the url can see the reports and the company's data.

can u add a password method to the publish method?

See my reply to this same question in your other thread.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks smoupre but when I've created a public url, how can I do to lock or remove if I don't want to be accessible ? Thabk you

This is to autoanswer my previous question about how to change the publish embebeded url code one time created. The way to solve it is accessing in powerbi app to Configuration->Embeded Code Administration. There are the several embeded codes published and you can to remove. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@eldar

Please try the share function mentioned by smoupre. You can take a look at following two documents to understand these two share methods.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-share-unshare-dashboard/

You can share your dashboards and reports with colleagues in and out of your organization. If they haven't signed up for Power BI, they'll need to do so to see your dashboard.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-publish-to-web/

When you use Publish to web, the report or visual you publish can be viewed by anyone on the Internet. There is no authentication used when viewing these reports.

Best Regards,

Herbert

To sign up to PowerBI is a very heavy issue to final users. They shouldn't have to learn the BI interface to see a report.
Why you don't implement a quick autentification process to access to public url as google drive, onedrive or similars platforms?
It that we have now is'nt practical.
Thanks
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If you use Publish to Web feature, no. If you Share a dashboard via the "Share" functionality, users must authenticate with a Power BI (O365) account.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors