Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sheatsej
Frequent Visitor

Secure Embed - Request Access

We have been testing out the new 'secure embed' feature (see screenshot below), but seem to be having a security issue as follows: 

image1.png

1. We have a private app workspace with a limited number of members.  This workspace is published to an App.  Inside app.powerbi.com, non-members cannot search for or see the App.

2. When we used 'secure embed' to post a report from the App to our company intranet, non-members can try to request access (see screenshot below).  Power BI walks them through submitting a request, but the requests are never actually emailed to the report owner.  Is it possible to turn off the "request access" button?

image2.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sheatsej
Frequent Visitor

Over the last few days, it appears that Microsoft has changed the URL line for the secure embed.  Once we updated to the new URLs, non-members are no longer given the option to request access.

One item worth mentioning that we learned in our testing:  you can generate the secure embed code from both the workspace or the app --and the list of members changes accordingly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sheatsej
Frequent Visitor

Over the last few days, it appears that Microsoft has changed the URL line for the secure embed.  Once we updated to the new URLs, non-members are no longer given the option to request access.

One item worth mentioning that we learned in our testing:  you can generate the secure embed code from both the workspace or the app --and the list of members changes accordingly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I currently know, this is not possible to turn this off.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors