cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sheatsej Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Secure Embed - Request Access

We have been testing out the new 'secure embed' feature (see screenshot below), but seem to be having a security issue as follows: 

image1.png

1. We have a private app workspace with a limited number of members.  This workspace is published to an App.  Inside app.powerbi.com, non-members cannot search for or see the App.

2. When we used 'secure embed' to post a report from the App to our company intranet, non-members can try to request access (see screenshot below).  Power BI walks them through submitting a request, but the requests are never actually emailed to the report owner.  Is it possible to turn off the "request access" button?

image2.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Secure Embed - Request Access

Over the last few days, it appears that Microsoft has changed the URL line for the secure embed.  Once we updated to the new URLs, non-members are no longer given the option to request access.

One item worth mentioning that we learned in our testing:  you can generate the secure embed code from both the workspace or the app --and the list of members changes accordingly.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I currently know, this is not possible to turn this off.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

"Proud to be a Datanaut!"
Frequent Visitor

Over the last few days, it appears that Microsoft has changed the URL line for the secure embed.  Once we updated to the new URLs, non-members are no longer given the option to request access.

One item worth mentioning that we learned in our testing:  you can generate the secure embed code from both the workspace or the app --and the list of members changes accordingly.