Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marinejlsz

Secondary axis on a filter

Hello, can anyone help?

I am trying to show the values of the online sales on secondary axis, as the numbers are much smaller than the "vendite negozio".

But unfortunately because it is a filter, I would need to filter first by Vendite negozio and then by vendite online. And it doesn't let me.

Any thoughts? If the purple line was on the secondary axis i could see if the seasonality of sales "vendite negozio" and "vendite online" matches.

Thanks for your help,

Marine

marinejlsz_3-1642408862722.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, when you are using legends, then you can't make two axis. The secondary axis is only available when you have one measure for value and no legend. Then you can create a secondary one with different color.

In order to fix this you can create two DAX measures. One filtering "vendite negozio" and another filtering "vendite online". Then add one as value and the otherone as secundary value. Don't forget to remove the legend first.

This is an example of the simple measure you can create

CALCULATE (
    SUM(Table[Importo Venduto]) , Table[Business Unit] = "vendite negozio"
)

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
marinejlsz

Thank you!!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, when you are using legends, then you can't make two axis. The secondary axis is only available when you have one measure for value and no legend. Then you can create a secondary one with different color.

In order to fix this you can create two DAX measures. One filtering "vendite negozio" and another filtering "vendite online". Then add one as value and the otherone as secundary value. Don't forget to remove the legend first.

This is an example of the simple measure you can create

CALCULATE (
    SUM(Table[Importo Venduto]) , Table[Business Unit] = "vendite negozio"
)

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors