Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mbuczynski
Frequent Visitor

Secondary Axis end points with %s

I have a few charts with a secondary axis that have the axis values going greater than 100% despite having an assigned End point of 1 and data model values never going greater than 100%. I don't have a Start point assigned.  is there a way to lock in the end point without having a start point value?

7 REPLIES 7
Mbuczynski
Frequent Visitor

I have a few charts with a secondary axis that have the axis values going greater than 100% despite having an assigned End point of 1 and data model values never going greater than 100%. I don't have a Start point assigned.  is there a way to lock in the end point without having a start point value?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Mbuczynski,

I don't have a Start point assigned.  is there a way to lock in the end point without having a start point value?

I just verified that I can lock in the end point successfully without having a start point value.

issue1.PNGissue2.PNG

What visuals are you using in your scenario? Could you post some sample data which can reproduce the issue? So that we can help further investigate on it. It's better to share a sample pbix file. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

Regards

hi @v-ljerr-msft

I am using the same types of charts as you showed. THe problem appears to occur when a value is at 100%, which seems to force the axis higher than the prescribed End point. As you can see in the linked file, using the slicer to select location 345 causes the axis to go over the End point of 1. 

Link to PBIX file

Hi @Mbuczynski,

The linked file is not accessible for me.Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft, sorry about that. Probably due to it being a corporate account.

Here is the example data I used.

Datecolumn valueline value
1/1/20174100%
2/1/20173100%
3/1/20174100%
4/1/20176100%

as you will see, when you use a combination chart, the right Y axis will go above 100% even though a End point of 1 is set. This is an issue for us as we have 1 report and rely on RLS to filter a a particular user's location. As some sites have low values and others have consistent 100% scores. we cannot set hard start and end points. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @Mbuczynski,

After a few tests, I find setting end without setting start only works when I implement a Quick Cal(Percentage of grand of total) on the line field currently.

So I am wondering if it is possible for you to show the percentage value with Quick Cal(Percentage of grand of total) option instead of calculate it yourself in your scenario.Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft thanks for the suggestion, but that will not work in our scenario. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors