Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nhewett

Search bars on Visuals not working

Hello-

With in the last one week, some of the search bars on visual filters haven't been loading right for my team and I. I'm hoping that someone can point us in the right direction here, because I haven't been able to find anything on google about this.

Please note that so far we've tried clearing cache & cookies, different browsers / computers, and the "reset to default" button on the report itself. 

The following screenshot shows how a visual filter loads now:

empty visual filterempty visual filter

Notice that the whole thing is empty, and that I can't click into the search bar. If I move my mouse to exactly half way inbetween the search bar, and where the results should show, I can sometimes manage to get a cursor and click... (hard to see cursor in screen shot)

when i can clickwhen i can click

The weird thing, is that once I click there, and type a character, I can suddenly see that there was already text there!

text in search bartext in search bar

So once I delete that text, the rest of the visual filter shows up and works as expected. The hard part, is that there are some people that can't get their cursor in the "perfect spot" to be able to click at all.

Any suggestions as to where to look to fix this??

Thank you so much for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @nhewett 

I would first make sure that you have got the latest version of Power BI Desktop installed.

I would then open the file, remove the slicer, re-add it and then enable the search option.

Make sure that it works in PBI Desktop, then publish it up to the PBI Service.

Finally I would also click on the reset to default button to make sure that everthing is back to the defaults?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ ,

Thanks for the advice here. I went through all of it, double checking that I had the most recent version of power bi desktop, deleting the visual filters and re-adding them, and finally republishing the report. This unfortunately didn't work, nor did the reset to default button. 

Is anyone else having this issue? I did realize that this seems to be loading correctly in Microsoft Edge, but no other browsers (firefox, chrome, etc). 

Thanks again!

-nhewett

Hi @nhewett

I can not reproduce you issue, it works well in my environment.

Please check whether the service version is the cause of the impact.
Service version13.0.15854.62

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors