Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Search Functionality in POWER BI Slicer Control

I have loaded user names in Slicer Control. Inorder to find a particular user i have to scroll down and look in to that. Is there any search functionality available for this control?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just select the slicer and press Ctrl+F and search option will be enabled.

Please accept the solution.

Silko
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

I'm trying to create this search functionalty in a custom visual. If anyone knows how to help please respond here:
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Custom-visual-text-input-search/m-p/24447

This has now been implemented.

If you click on the ellipsis of the slicer visualisation there is an option to insert a search.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

unfortunately, not available yet.

I am not sure it helps in your situation, but when there are a lot of names ( i.e last ) you can create a calculated column with the first character of name and the add it also as a slicer with " Names starts with"...Do to cross filtering you can click "A" and have the user slicer show only names starting with "A"..

Is not ideal but can help minimize scrolling..

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors