Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wmcclure
Frequent Visitor

Scorecard Permissions

Hello community!

My team and I are trying to implement scorecards into our orginizations workflow, and we have had a manager who has requested we remove the ability for his employees to drill down into the report before we roll it out to the team. (i.e., he only wants them to be able to see the card itself). Has anyone had this request before? is there a way to do this? I cannot seem to find anything of that nature in any of the documentation or threads that I have seen. I am assuming we are just going to have to work with RLS within the report or find another option alltogether, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had ran into this before exploring other options!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wmcclure ,

You can set the permissions of a role in the scorecard settings.

Choose the scorecard which you want to set the permissions, and Click Edit.

vyinliwmsft_0-1665023460243.png

And then Click Settings.

vyinliwmsft_1-1665023460245.png

And the select the Permissions.

vyinliwmsft_2-1665023460250.png

Select Add role or select More options (...) for an existing role to open the Role settings page.

But The support for automatic roles based on metric-level permissions (full row-level security (RLS) support) is coming, but isn't yet available.

For more information to set the permissions, you can refer the documentation below:

Protect your scorecards with metric-level permissions - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wmcclure ,

You can set the permissions of a role in the scorecard settings.

Choose the scorecard which you want to set the permissions, and Click Edit.

vyinliwmsft_0-1665023460243.png

And then Click Settings.

vyinliwmsft_1-1665023460245.png

And the select the Permissions.

vyinliwmsft_2-1665023460250.png

Select Add role or select More options (...) for an existing role to open the Role settings page.

But The support for automatic roles based on metric-level permissions (full row-level security (RLS) support) is coming, but isn't yet available.

For more information to set the permissions, you can refer the documentation below:

Protect your scorecards with metric-level permissions - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors