Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jns0905
Frequent Visitor

Scientific Notation Issue

I have a matrix in which I want to display all values as whole numbers. The value field is a measure I need the source data to still have the decimal place so that aggregations total correctly.

In the modeling tab, I have the measure that I'm using as Data Type: Decimal Number, Format: Decimal Number, with 2 decimal places. When I format the visual, I set Value Decimal Places:0.

In the matrix, values in which abs(0)>0.01, are display correctly as whole numbers. Values very close to zero but not quite equal to zero (e.g. 0,00000123), show in scientific notation.

How can I get near zero values to display as zero?

I have tried expanding on the measure with an if statement to change near zero values to zero, leaving all other values the same. This works, but when I do this it prevents me from being able to export the visual to an .xls or .csv file.

3 REPLIES 3
Rudz
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I've run into the same thing. I think it's a bug. 

My workaround is to wrap the measure with ROUND(measure_calc, 0).

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/How-to-remove-scientific-notation-from-Measure-in-a-M...

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Please share your test file with me or give some screenshot here if convenient for me to help you further.

And remember to remove any sensitive data.

Expect your reply.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for describing your issue this way. It would help a lot if you have a test file available, possibly with the measure you mention. That would make it a lot easier for us to troubleshoot and help you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors