Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduling failed and XML parsing failed.

Hi,

When I scheduled a dataset, I get below error message and it was running successfully and not sure what happend its started getting failed everyday.

XML parsing failed at line 52, column 47: Illegal name character.

Can anyone have idea on this failure.

Thanks,
Thimma

9 REPLIES 9
NickEtch
Employee
Employee

Hey Thimma,

This seems to be a growing issue. The post below has quite a few more responses to it but no solution as of yet.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PowerBI-refresh-fail-Expression-Error/td-p/46413

Thanks,

Nick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nick,

It started running automatically after extending pro 60 days, not sure how it is related issue with Pro. It is nothing to do with the data as mentioned in the error logs like line 47 column 51 etc....

Thanks,

Thimma

cwilliams
Helper II
Helper II

Have you downloaded the most current version of BI Desktop?  If not, my suggestion is to download the new version, open the report that you are receiving this message with; then, refresh data in the BI Desktop and then republish......

Cheryl

cwilliams
Helper II
Helper II

I am receiving a similar message:  "XML parsing failed at line 47, column 39: Illegal name character."  This error started over the weekend.  Nothing has changed with my dataset or reports.  Cheryl

@Anonymous@cwilliams "Scheduling" - is this a refresh error in the Service?

There is a current notice up on the support site regarding certain refreshes that are broken.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is getting error whether you refresh now or schedule refresh. not sure what is the problem with the micorsoft service site.

Thanks,

Thimma

@Anonymous The reason I'm asking is because you have this thread in the Desktop section, so it appears it is in the Service (app.powerbi.com) - does the issue still persist for you? All open issues for refresh in Power BI have been closed, so if you still have issues, it must be some other problem.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Eno for the reply, this is happening at the server level when I schedule dataset and not at the desktop. Do I need to have Pro version for this.

Thanks,
Thimma

@Anonymous Are you using a gateway to on-premises data source? -> Then yes, you would need PRO.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors