Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduling error - The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explore

Hi everyone, 

I have a Power BI report that loads data from a bunch of files from a folder using the Folder data source. I am able to refresh it in Power BI Desktop but at the time of refreshing it, manual or automatic scheduled, I am getting the following error;

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Underlying error message: The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer options. See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=506565 for details on how to enable Active Scripting.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259

I have tested data souces in the Gateway section and all data sources are good to to go. 

I have checked that

- Internet Explorer has Active Scripting enabled on the server where Enterprise Gateway is installed (image attached),

- https://*.powerbi.com is added in trusted sites

-Lastly, I am not running Personal & Enterprise gateway side by side, I have only Enterprise Gateway installed on the box. 

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks
Kaz

IE settings for Active ScriptingIE settings for Active Scripting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for your reply, looks like you have given me MS Corporate Support link. 

Updated 21/3/17. I'll go ahead and create a ticket with Power BI Support. It looks like it is a bug and comes into play when we are importing data from HTML files. 

Thanks
Kaz

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors