cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Scheduling error - The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Exp

Hi,

Is this really solved? I'm having the same issue. Have enabled Active Scripting as described but am still recieving the error. Data refresh is fine from PBI Desktop but not via the Gateway. Any other suggestions?

Joel

Highlighted

Re: Scheduling error - The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Exp

We're having the same issue with our instance.  Same exact error message.

One of our DataSets is coming from a webservice - using a TimeServer to get a correct time.

Would be nice to know how MS Support resolved the issue.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

we are experiencing the issue with scheduled refresh / manual refresh getting data from html pages

the data is returned correctly with the power bi desktop software

but once published - fails to refresh

please help

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hola, estoy presentando el mismo error, pero al interntar ingresar parece que el tiket estuviera bloqueado 😞 :(.

Compartirias conmigo la solucion por favor.

Highlighted

Hi guys,  I had same issue as you guys, finally figure out what is going on,nothing about gateway version .  if you need fix this , just also download powerbi desktop on gateway server,   web data will refresh sucessfully.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I am having the same error on power BI desktop. I have a couple of reports pulling online from another service, all reports execute successfully except a new report that i am trying to pull in that contains thousands of data.

DataSource.Error: The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer options. See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=506565 for details on how to enable Active Scripting.
Details:
about:blank

Highlighted

Did you ever get a workaround for this?

We just updated to the latest PowerBI Reporting Server and it seems we still have this issue with scheduling data refreshes for HTML files. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

HI,

same problem. I have web site (google sheet as https) as data source with approx 8k rows and 25 columns. In Power BI Desktop and in Power BI Services on web (via on-premise PBI gateway) is the same problem. Sometimes refreshing data from this web finish with sucess but usually failed because the Active scripting error. But active scripting is enabled in IE on my PC as well as on server, where the gateway service is running. We have latest gateway, latest desktop app installed .... 

I don't understand why sometimes the same datasource in the same report refreshed smoothly and sometimes failed!!! 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@VitHorak 

I can imaigne the frustration, and this issue was, and appears to still be very temperamental. I'd suggest try fiddling with your IE security zones and trusted website settings. 

As far as I can recall.  I was playing with IE settings until one fine morning the issue disappeared, on its own. 

Sorry, not much of a help.

Thanks

Kaz

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@krajani 

Hi. Thank you for your post. Yes, it is very frustration because sometimes refresh proceed successful but usually not.

Do you think that your problem could be solved by some updates from Power BI side instead of IE settings?

I tried few changes in IE scripting setting but it seems, that this changes do not affect successful refreshes. 

I have 3 datasources in Power BI Desktop. After couple of transformations I UNION them in one big table. When I try "actualize all" in Power BI Desktop it usually ends with Active scripting error. But when I try to actualize data sources separetly one by one, this process is much more successful! But I really absolutely don't understand why and still this is not 100% successful proces!

Thank you!

EDIT 2020-01-03: 

It seems that the problem can be in to many rows and columns in web table.... But I am just guessing 😞 

I am going to make some changes in web data source to decrease number of rows to import in Power BI Desktop...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors