Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VigneshVs
Frequent Visitor

Scheduling Error: "cannot connect to the mashup data source"

Hi Everyone,

I am using Enterprise gateway and have scheduled multiple dashboards for refresh but only a dashboard popping out an error in the Power BI Service. Whereas the same dashboard is getting refreshed successfully in the Power BI desktop version.

When i try to check for the solutions in the community mostly suggestions are like installing Personal & Enterprise gateway in different server but i do have it in different machine still i end up with this error.

ERROR : 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @VigneshVs,

In your scenario, which data source did you connect to in your report? Based on my research, there is something wrong in Power BI Service currently. You can see from Power BI support site.

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

Can you check in the Gateway settings that you can successfully connect to all the data sources?

There is an option to test connections, in the Power BI Service.

I would also suggest making sure that on the server you have got the On-Premise Gateway installed, that it is working and connected. You can do this by opening the On-Premise Gateway and it should display "All good to go"

Also if you can ensure that you have downloaded and installed the latest On-Premise Gateway version?

And my final is question, is has it successfully refreshed in the past?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi Guavaq,

1.Yes - The data source connections are successful.

2.Online. You are good to go

3.latest On-Premise Gateway version - yes

4.Refreshed Successfully only in the Power BI Desktop but not in Power BI service.

Thanks,

Vignesh

I am not sure why it is giving you the error then. 

Reason being is if the data source connections are successful on the Gateway settings in the Power BI Service, then that means that it can authenticate and create the communication between your server and the Power BI Service.

The only thing I can think of is if the query is doing something not supported by the On-Premise gateway.

Would it be possible to create a really simple query - "Select top 100 * from table"

Then put that into a Power BI Desktop File, Upload it to the service, connect it to the Gateway and then see if you can refresh?

In doing so, that will just check to see at it's most basic form that everything is working as it should.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi Guavaq,

Unfortunately, one of the dashboard running sucessfully in Power BI service provided the same error yesterday.

So i guess there might be no issues with the scripts being used to refresh in Power BI service.

Regards,

Vignesh

Hi @VigneshVs,

In your scenario, which data source did you connect to in your report? Based on my research, there is something wrong in Power BI Service currently. You can see from Power BI support site.

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Guavaq,

1.Yes, the data source connections are sucessful.

2.Online. You are good to go.

3.latest On-Premise Gateway version - yes

4.Getting Refreshed successfully only in the Power BI desktop but not in the Power BI service.

Thanks,

Vignesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors