Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikeCDS
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled report shows old data

Hi

I have a report that is subscribed for a daily email and daily refresh however when it arrives in the email it still shows old data.

Date filter is relative.

Please see screenshots for more info on the typical things one would check.

Thanks

Mike

Subscriptions not showing new data.pngSubscriptions not showing new data-email.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @MikeCDS 

I guess this may be affected by UTC.

If your subscription time is set after 10.00am (not in 8.00am), I don't think this problem will occur.

A11.png

If you really want to receive the subscription before 10 AM, take a try to change  the filter as below.

(This may be a bit stupid)

B1.png     ORB2.png

Last , the above are just my guess and it need to be tested .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thanks but no. There is no data ambiguity with all showing UTC+10.

Also, your filter screenshots are not the problem.

Hi , @MikeCDS 

I think you may  misunderstood what I mean.

Can you add another  subscription (The scheduled time is set to 10 : 15 AM )  ?

And test whether the  subscription received at 10:15 am  is different from the  subscription received at 8 am.

Best regards,

Eason Fang

Hi Eason

The 10:15am worked! But I'm not sure why (sorry, I don't follow your screenshots). If you look below again at my screenshot, the refresh is reported to be complete by 12:11am and the report came out as requested at 8:00am and they both show UTC+10 times so how can this make sense?

Times.png

Thanks

Mike

...further to this, I have confirmed that the Power BI account is set to BNE+10 so the Power BI service should be honouring this when using the filters.

Hi , @MikeCDS 

For example ,you have set your subscription on Jan 22 8:00 pm (utc +10)  but  the actual  filter time in  service is  Jan 21 22:00 pm (utc +0) (This means that the actual date in the filter is  Jan21, not  Jan 22. "is in the last one day" will be Jan20).

If you have set your subscription on Jan 22 10:15 am (utc +10)  but  the actual  filter time in  service is  Jan 22 00:15 pm (utc +0) (This means that the actual date in the filter is for Jan22. "is in the last one day" will be Jan21 ).

So  need to make some adjustments to filter conditions.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, Eason but you're really just explaining the workaround for the bug in Power BI.

Firstly, the refresh happened at 12:11am on 22nd so the data for the 21st should be available.

Secondly, the report was sent at 8am on 22nd which means the report should be sending me data for 21st.

That is all there is to it. Nowhere does it say that I cannot set ANY of the filters (refresh, subscription or report) as they appear to me in my locale of UTC+10...in fact all the screenshots show UTC+10 confirming this.  The fact that you have helped prove that Power BI service is working at UTC+0 is not a solution to the problem. 

I'll see if this can be raised as an "Improvement" on their forum.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors