Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mterry
Helper V
Helper V

Scheduled refresh with accdb data source

I installed and set up an on-premises data gateway in order to schedule a refresh of datasets/dashboards. The datasources are a combination of files stored in OneDrive for business and an accdb file. In the Power BI service the data source settings are showing a successfully connection, but the refreshes are failing. The first error I got was that "The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. I tried multiple trouble-shooting steps, ensuring Office and Power BI desktop were 32 bit, installing AccessDatabaseEngine_X64, etc. The refresh is still failing, but now I'm getting a new error message: "ODBC--connection to 'XXXXX' failed". Do I need to install a personal gateway for the scheduled refresh to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have. I was able to get it to work by using a personal gateway - not sure if that helps diagnose why there would be an issue using the on-premesis gateway. Either way I'll just leave it for now. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mterry ,

For troubleshooting, you can try installing the lastest version of on-premises data gateway and configure the MS Access data source in power bi service(manage gateway) then check if this issue persists.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have actually already taken those steps and I am still having an issue. The Data Source settings say the connection is successful and the gateway cluster settings says 'Online: You Are Good to Go'

@mterry ,

It seems like an issue of ODBC. Have you installed the same version of power bi and ACCDB(64-bit or 32-bit)?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have. I was able to get it to work by using a personal gateway - not sure if that helps diagnose why there would be an issue using the on-premesis gateway. Either way I'll just leave it for now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors