Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ericw
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh timeout but on-demand refresh works

Hi there,

I have a report which is connected with an Oracle DWH and scheduled to be refreshed at 6:00 AM. It works fine until recently it started to fail every day. However, if I do an on-demand refresh it still works, even if I did it immediately after the scheduled refresh failed. Following is the error message that I received this morning.

Details Type Start End Status Message

On demand4/12/2019, 8:05:42 AM4/12/2019, 8:05:50 AMCompleted 
Hide
Scheduled4/12/2019, 8:00:01 AM4/12/2019, 8:05:31 AMFailedBefore the data import for actual_plan_forecast finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:3c729265-4840-4d20-a2da-584e10c1ff54
Request ID:22f7a36f-6afe-4cdd-86a6-752b321859ee
Time:2019-04-11 22:05:31Z

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ericw ,

Based on my research, the error shows:

Activity Threw Non Monitored Exception: [0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayCancellationException: The operation failed due to an explicit cancellation. Exception: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

It may due to your server is not running when you are refresh your data, could you please check the state of your Oracle DWH when you are refreshing your report?

Also It means the dataset uses gateway to refresh. Please try to update the gateway to the latest version. Also you can check if any detail error message logged in On-premises data gateway service logs ( C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises Data Gateway\Gateway*.log )

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ericw ,

Based on my research, the error shows:

Activity Threw Non Monitored Exception: [0]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayCancellationException: The operation failed due to an explicit cancellation. Exception: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

It may due to your server is not running when you are refresh your data, could you please check the state of your Oracle DWH when you are refreshing your report?

Also It means the dataset uses gateway to refresh. Please try to update the gateway to the latest version. Also you can check if any detail error message logged in On-premises data gateway service logs ( C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises Data Gateway\Gateway*.log )

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-danhe-msft 

Thanks for your response. I'm using my desktop as the server and it has been set to be never turned off. This morning the refresh was successful. I will keep monitoring this matter and hopefully this error will never come back again. 

Regards

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors