cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pvarley Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refresh switch won't stay on

I have installed the Personal Gateway so I can refresh a dataset on a SQL database automatically. When I enable Scheduled refresh, it will not stay on. These are the steps I follow:

1. Open the Scheduled refresh option under Datasets
  2. Turn the switch under "Keep your data up to date" On
  3. Click Apply
  4. Navigate to a different dataset
  5. Return to the original dataset
  6. Open the Scheduled refresh option, and the "Keep your data up to date" switch is now Off

Why is it turning off, and how can I get it to stay on? The personal gateway status says "online, running." It is installed on a machine that is always on and has an Ethernet connection.

17 REPLIES 17
pvarley Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Scheduled refresh switch won't stay on

Logging out of Power BI and logging back in seems to have corrected the problem. I'll update the post if it happens again.

SharonHMA Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

This keeps happening to me - almost every 3 days now.  Since the schedule switches to off, I receive no notification that refresh failed so it takes a team member to email me that data is behind.  Turn it on, it stays for a couple days.  I have the new gateway so not that.

Sharon

pvarley Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Sharon,

Did you try logging out of Power BI and logging back in?

Paul

SharonHMA Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I'm asked to login regularly so I assume I am logged out however I will try the actual logout process & see if that works.

bccolema Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

This same thing happens to us... We have tried different accounts to schedule the refresh, different browsers... Regardless, similar to what was mentioned above, the On-Premise gateway will randomly switch off the schedule and the schedule will be stopped.  

The gateway that we are using is installed on a server, so it should remain always on.

clubspec Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We are in the same situation, Power BI still has lots of bugs need to fix.

EdouardDM Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having the same issue. Is there any update to wheter this is still a bug to be fixed or if there is a workaround?

heberpower Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I too, have this issue and have not found a solution.  It makes me look bad when my boss' dashboard is out of date, and it is not a viable solution to update all of my datasets manually everyday.

heberpower Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have found that after 4 failed refreshes in a row the scheduled refresh will toggle to Off.  Hope this helps.