Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TeNpoLe21
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refresh not working, manual refresh works

I have several datasets that are failing to refresh via a scheduled refresh, but when I refresh them manually/on-demand they work just fine.  I am using an Enterprise Gateway connecting to connect to the data.  There is no "message" that tells me what failed, just an "Oops, something went wrong."  Here's a screenshot of what I receive:

2017-05-30 14_30_19-Inbox - jtemple@ena.com - Outlook.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft updated the status on the support site as followes -

Users may receive an error and are unable to execute manual and scheduled data refreshes. Engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Next update: 05/30/2017 14:30  PST

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sands_salesops
Regular Visitor

@TeNpoLe21 wrote:

I have several datasets that are failing to refresh via a scheduled refresh, but when I refresh them manually/on-demand they work just fine.  I am using an Enterprise Gateway connecting to connect to the data.  There is no "message" that tells me what failed, just an "Oops, something went wrong."  Here's a screenshot of what I receive:

@TeNpoLe21 wrote:

I'm having the same problem as well. I haven't updated the gateway in some time, so i did that, but it did not make a difference.

Oops, something went wrong.

Next refresh for Executive Dashboard - USA_CAN Sales Targets-dolivas-dell is scheduled for 05/30/2017 17:00:00.

Learn more

Technical Information:

Activity Id: a9901ee5-a28f-444b-b93a-dea3486c11cf

Request Id: f916d9c4-8ac8-4c68-90b7-ff9dbf911046

Cluster Name: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time: 05/30/2017 20:01:32Z

Refresh End Time: 05/30/2017 20:02:02Z

Thanks,

Microsoft Power BI

This email was sent by Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA, 98052, USA

Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft updated the status on the support site as followes -

Users may receive an error and are unable to execute manual and scheduled data refreshes. Engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Next update: 05/30/2017 14:30  PST

Thanks for sharing that, Ceenuu!  I had forgotten to check on the main support page.

Was this ever resolved?  I just brought a new dashboard online this morning and for the first time ever, every one of my automatic refreshes through the service fails.  Each time, it seems like it's picking a different table of mine as the culprit.  This will happen whether it's the scheduled refresh or the "on-demand" refresh via the website.  I would usually just blame one of my tables and focus there, but when I do a manual refresh via PowerBI desktop...the dashboard resolves without problem every time.  Why would the refresh results be different via the PowerBI service than it is on the desktop?

carbonA
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. This has been going on since around 8:00AM central. Our enterprise gateway is online and functioning but the scheduled refreshes are failing. I can manually go in and refresh the data set using the enterprise gateway however, at the next scheduled refresh it failes for all of my datasets.

Technical Information:

Activity Id: d6c18e8c-ffea-48fe-9dab-d04af31e081b

Request Id: 834ab7b4-992e-4ab1-b939-9289d8785002

Refresh Start Time: 05/30/2017 18:01:23Z

Refresh End Time: 05/30/2017 18:02:11Z

Thanks,

Aaron

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried moving from On-prem Gateway to Personal. Same is the case with Personal Gateway. My 3pm refresh failed.

Hope someone from Microsoft is working on this.

jderekc
Helper IV
Helper IV

I don't get that dialog box you are showing, but the error looks to be exactly the same.  WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL is the commonality.  Several of my datasets fail to refresh as scheduled.  The difference is that sometimes a manual refresh also fails and sometimes succeeds.  It's hit or miss.  Thanks for sharing!  Perhaps there is a bigger problem with that cluster.

Regards,

Derek

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same error from this morning 9AM Central. Looks like there is some issue with the Service. Manual refresh works fine. Can we get some status update on this please.

I had refresh failing every hour form 9AM

Oops, something went wrong.

Next refresh for Sample_xxx_Dashboard is scheduled for 05/30/2017 15:00:00.

Learn more

Technical Information:

Activity Id: b874eb74-f116-4a7f-9414-6fb6f566fba4

Request Id: 1183dee7-815c-4a27-a169-f72dca59a28b

Refresh Start Time: 05/30/2017 19:01:27Z

Refresh End Time: 05/30/2017 19:02:11Z

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors