Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FGR1986
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh not working - Quick base Invalid Credentials

Hello! How are you?

Since a few days ago I'm having trouble with the scheduled refreshs of my Dashboards, particularly with the Quick Base data.

When I enter to the web app, and access to configuration, and then data sources the message that appears says that the data is not being updated because Quick Base credentials are invalid. All other data sources are working well but Quick Base is not.

Odd thing is that in the Desktop app everything is working well. I can get data from Quick Base normally with these same credentials that are invalid for web app, and publish the report. But either I work with and old dashboard or create a new one the problem appears when I try to schedule a refresh.

I'm sure credentials are ok because they work on Desktop version. I've tried creating new credentials, deleting all permissions on desktop version and adding them again, deleting cache.key file in Cache Folder, and even unistalling Power BI and installing an older version. But the issue continues.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FGR1986
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the answer !

I was talking this morning with the IT people of my organization and after several headaches trying solutions that didn't work they found what we think is a quickbase bug related to the permissions. If they give me more permissions, always on the same tables, the token works. So a person with a QB account with more permissions update the credentials on the dashboards and it seems it's all working well.

Obviously this is a patch, until sunday it worked well with the permissions I always had.

Hopefully it can be solved soon so there's no issues like these in the future.

Regards !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sweede

Quick Base has identified it is a bug on their side and will be deploying a fix in the next release

Bug ID: QBE015131
Next release date: 1.10.21

FGR1986
Frequent Visitor

Thanks !

What I found It's not a perfect solution, but a patch. Anyway it seems to work, so I'll mark my post as a solution

Regards.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @FGR1986 

Have you got a reply from Microsoft and solved this problem?

If you have solved this problem, would you like to share some experience or just mark your own reply(let the person with a QB account with more permissions update the credentials) as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

Thanks in advance!

Here’s more info about issues in Power BI connecting to Quick base:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Error-Message-With-Quickbase-Connector/td-p/668030

https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/power_bi_with_quick_base.html

https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/troubleshooting_connected_tables.html

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FGR1986
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the answer !

I was talking this morning with the IT people of my organization and after several headaches trying solutions that didn't work they found what we think is a quickbase bug related to the permissions. If they give me more permissions, always on the same tables, the token works. So a person with a QB account with more permissions update the credentials on the dashboards and it seems it's all working well.

Obviously this is a patch, until sunday it worked well with the permissions I always had.

Hopefully it can be solved soon so there's no issues like these in the future.

Regards !

Wow, you are a life saver!  My company's QB admin put me in an administrator role in the QuickBase apps I pull from and this fixed the issue just like you said.

I let the people assigned to my QuickBase Support and Power BI Support tickets know this so they can further look into it.

Thanks again!  Will update if I hear more.

NRanalytics
Frequent Visitor

Hello!

I am actually having the same exact issue.  I have a ticket with Power BI Support.  They completed a screen share session with me and are looking into the logs that generate behind the scenes when that error occurs.  I'm glad to hear it's not just me running into this issue.

I also have a ticket with QuickBase support and initially they could not help but then notified me they have many tickets with the same issue and it is currently escalated.  Hopefully this is solved soon.  Seems like something with the connector/api is broken in the online service.

I'll update this thread when I hear back from Microsoft.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors