Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jm_n
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh from BigQuery failing regularly

Hi!

I have several published reports refreshing from views in Google BigQuery.

The scheduled refresh fails regularly (around every 5th refresh) for some reports. The error message is pretty much always as follows:

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server Table: mytable

Capture.JPG

or: 

We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation. Table: mytable

The table (mytable) that the error message concerns varies.

I never get the errors when refreshing the report from desktop.

Anyone experienced anything similar? I have tried to disable parallel loading of tabels without seeing any improvements.

Thanks!

-J-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jm_n ,

By my research, I'm afraid that I have no ideas for your issue as I cannot reproduce it.

You could create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get the quick answer. (If you have power bi pro license.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jm_n ,

If I understand your scenario correctly that your report which data sources is Google Big Query will have refresh issue regularly (around every 5th refresh)  in Power BI Service ?

If so, do you have this issue for other dataset?

In addition, if you click refresh now for some times , will you have this issue?

Please check if you have installed the latest version on-premised gateway and if your gateway is online.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-piga-msft 

You have understood this correctly. 

The problem is only related to datasets in BigQuery.

I very rarely have the issue when I refresh manually from Power BI Service. 

I am using credentials directly, i.e. not a gateway (see below).

Capture.JPG

-J-

Hi @jm_n ,

By my research, I'm afraid that I have no ideas for your issue as I cannot reproduce it.

You could create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get the quick answer. (If you have power bi pro license.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors