Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Scheduled refresh for PowerBI REST API custom connector

Hi all!

I created a report using Power BI REST API custom connector.

But it gives me this error when wanting to set up a scheduled refresh. I'm guessing installing a gateway might solve the issue, but when I tried, there is no option to select this custom connector as a data source.

Did anyone encounter and solve this case?

YukiK_0-1637337029879.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

6 REPLIES 6
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Solved on my end - just needed to read MSFT documentation! https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-custom-connectors

I've read the documentation for this, I'm using a Personal Gateway and getting the same error as you did. What did you actually change to fix the issue?

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I needed to add the custom connecter to my gateway. That's it!

Was it a personal gateway or a Standard gateway?

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It's a standard gateway. Not even sure if you could add a custome connector to a personal gateway

I figured it out a couple of hours ago. The connector I'm using requires a personal gateway, and the settings that I had to change were the "Data Source Credentials" in the settings of the Dataset that I published. It's entirely possible that this page isn't accessible until you have a standard gateway Also installed, but it's not actually using the standard gateway.... very weird but it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors