Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mail2vjj
Helper III
Helper III

Scheduled refresh failing constantly

Hello,

I have set up scheduled refresh and for the past 3-4 days it has been constantly failing.

Now I have set up the file to be refreshed every 30 mins and every single refresh has failed.

My Personal Gateway is working alright and all my credentials and everything is working fine, but still the refreshes are failing.

This is the mail that I am getting from Microsoft for the refresh fails.

Screenshot (33).png

Is it just me or is someone else facing the same problem.

If not can someone please advise me what can I do?

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yuta-msft

My issue has been resolved.

I messaged in other boards as well and I was asked to reinstall the gateway.

I did that but it didn't really solve my problem, but now I know this can be one of the issues.

Lastly, I removed the report, renamed it and Published it again and so far my reports are being refreshed without any issues so far.

Anyways, thank you for your reply and trying to help me out.

Vishesh Jain

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mail2vjj,

Please check if any column is deleted or renamed on data source side. Please open Query Editor check which step has issue. After the report can be refresh successfully in Power BI desktop, then republish the report to Power BI service.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

I have checked everything from my end and everything is working. My PBI Desktop files are refreshing as they should, without any errors.

If I publish the file to the Service it works as well, my personal gateway in online and running.

Still for reasons I am not able to understand, the scheduled refreshes are not working AT ALL.

Every single refresh on every single report that I have on the service is failing.

There are no outages from Microsoft's end, at least that is what the support page said.

I have no clue as to why is this happeneing, or am I missing something?

If you have any information regarding this, then please do let me know.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Hi @v-yuta-msft

My issue has been resolved.

I messaged in other boards as well and I was asked to reinstall the gateway.

I did that but it didn't really solve my problem, but now I know this can be one of the issues.

Lastly, I removed the report, renamed it and Published it again and so far my reports are being refreshed without any issues so far.

Anyways, thank you for your reply and trying to help me out.

Vishesh Jain

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors