Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled refresh datasets problem on premium capacity

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to refresh a dataset on powerbi service which is in a premium capacity, but i keep getting this error : The operation was throttled by the Power BI Premium because of the server is under memory pressure. Please try again later.

I don't understand this problem, because when I refresh it on power bi desktop, everything is refreshed perfectly. I disabled all the scheduled refresh of other datasets, but the issue remains the same.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem ? 

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

The reason is you have a limited amount of memory that can be used with Power BI Premuium.

You need to install the Premium Metrics App to see what is consuming all the memory in your Premuim node to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Here is are more details on the app: Monitor Power BI Premium capacities with the Premium Capacity Metrics app. - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

The reason is you have a limited amount of memory that can be used with Power BI Premuium.

You need to install the Premium Metrics App to see what is consuming all the memory in your Premuim node to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Here is are more details on the app: Monitor Power BI Premium capacities with the Premium Capacity Metrics app. - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ ,

Thank you for this interesting link. In fact, it seems that i don't have enough memory to refresh all my datasets. I need to increase the memory size inside my powerbi premium capacity .

Hi @Anonymous 

You could also look at PPU to see if that might work for you?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors