cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fbackes Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refresh always takes three times as long as on-demand refresh

Each scheduled refresh takes three times as long as on-demand refresh. Is this a bug or a feature?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Scheduled refresh always takes three times as long as on-demand refresh

@fbackes The scheduled refresh time is not the Exact time the refresh will take place. From my understanding the goal is that it kicks off within the hour (usually ~30 minutes) from the scheduled refresh time that was set. This is most likely why it appears to take longer, because it hasn't actually executed.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @fbackes,

Based on document, it said that the 'scheduled refresh' not fully accurate refresh, it may have some delay.

Note:

When you configure a time for scheduled refresh, there can be a delay of up to one hour before it begins.

Reference link:

Data refresh in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Highlighted
Justair07 Member

Reading the question I don't think @fbackes is talking about the time the refresh starts but rather the time the refresh takes to complete from start to finish. I have the same question. When I watch my refresh happening in it takes much much longer to complete than a manual refresh. Any idea why that is?

LexiQiang Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Justair07 ,

I'm having the same refresh duration difference between manual refresh and scheduled refresh. Have you figured out why this happened? Thanks!

Lexi