Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

benjaminhoang
Helper III
Helper III

Scheduled refresh Newbie Question

Hello Everyone,

My organization work with shared excel sheet. Are there any drawback or concerns you guys can see with schedule refresh from a personal gateway. Is schedule refreshing every 15 minutes too much? Can this affect the already troublesome sheets? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there, that will work perfectly as you indicated above.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The only concerns with the Personal Gateway would be if the PC goes off, or if it does not have enough resources for the data to be refreshed in a timely manner.

Also with Power BI Pro, you can only refresh the data up to 8 times a day. After which it will stop refreshing.

As I always ask, why does the data have to be refreshed every 15 minutes?

Power BI Blog

Hello, 

I dont have power Bi Pro I only have the  free desktop version. What is the limit for schedule refreshes for the free desktop? and where can I find the information that shower power BI pro only allows 8 schedule refreshes a day and why? 

The reason for the constant refreshes is management would like dashboard to by as sync as possible to our sheets which we use to conduct our business.

Hi there, if you are only using the desktop then there would be no refresh.

The reason for the limit is that it is shared resources, so on Power BI Pro the limit is 8 times a day. On Power BI Premium it is 48 times a day.

If you need more real time requirements I would suggest looking at something that can stream the data from the source, instead of via an Excel file. Currently this type of capability is not in Power BI.

Power BI Blog

Hey,

I think we may be talking about two different things. Please see below of my current schedule refreshes from the free power BICapture.JPG

Hi there, that will work perfectly as you indicated above.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors