Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled data refresh not working

Hi there,

I have a Power BI report linked up to an on-prem enterprise gateway where I have scheduled a refresh every 15 mins, all data sources are configured correctly however I have to republish the report to the web for the refresh to occur.

Any idea why this is the case and has anyone had this situation occur before?

Thanks,

Nuemio

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I think you are get data from a pbix file right?
If this is a case, the scheduled refresh triggered when you replace that pbix file, source data which used in pbix file refreshed not trigger the refresh.

Regards.

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I am getting the data via DirectQuery connection to an enterprise gateway and have set a scheduled cache refresh for every 15 mins. I had no problems loading in data or publishing to the web. My problem seems to be when I login to power bi each day I am having to re-publish the report from the desktop to the web to get it to refresh. 

I have just noticed that our on-premise data gateway is of an older version (August 2017) and it is advising me to upgrade to the latest version. Could this be the reason the data refreshes are not occuring?

Thanks,

Nuemio

Anonymous
Not applicable

An update to this:

Our on-premise gateway has been upgraded to the latest version however the issue still remains. When opening PowerBi web each day I am still having to publish the report in order for the dashboard tiles to update, once re-published the scheduled cache refresh appears to be working ok.

However, I feel I shouldnt have to publish my report from desktop to web each time in order for the dashboard tiles to update

HI @Anonymous,

How did you publish your report? Publish feature, upload file or direct get data on service side? I'd like to suggest you sign in your account and use publish feature to publish your report.

Publish from Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft

I publish my reports using the Publish feature in Powr Bi Desktop

Capture.PNG

HI @Anonymous ,

Can you please share some detail information about dataset configuration? (e.g, snapshot of gateway setting, datasource credentials, scheduler refresh options...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

Thanks for getting back,

Here is a screenshot of the problem (tiles are not refreshing):

Dashboard.PNG

Here are screenshots of gateway connection and scheduled refresh options:

Gateway Credentials.PNGScheduled Refresh.PNG

If you need any more information, please let me know

Thanks,

Nuemio

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors