Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

taiyaki35
Employee
Employee

Scheduled auto-refresh failed

Our team wants to set up auto-refresh for a PBI dashboard with data from Access databases, SQL databases, and Excel. For Access databases and Excel worksheets, we changed the data sources to web links like:

https://xxxxxx.sharepoint.com/teams/xxxxxx/Shared%20Documents/General/PBI/xxxxxx.accdb

When we set up auto-refresh, we got the following error message:

Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.

I've installed the Access Database Engine, checked everything we're using are 64 bit, and kept Excel files as XLSX files based on the instructions, but are still getting the same error message. 

Does anyone know what might be the solution to this issue? 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
taiyaki35
Employee
Employee

Hi @GilbertQ,

Thank you for the reply! Just want to check, even if my office is 64 bit, do I still need the access database engine x86? 

Yes it would indicate that you need the x86 version installed.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ ,

I found that once I installed one version, the system won't let me install the other. So this might not work for me...

Hi @taiyaki35 

As explained in Matts blog post you can install them side by side, but it is a little bit more complex!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @taiyaki35 

You will have install both versions of the access database engine x64 and x86 in order for this to work on both your PC and Gateway.

Here are details how to do this: 64 Bit Power BI Desktop with 32 Bit Office? Can do! - Excelerator BI

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors