Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled SQL import over gateway timeout after only 6 minutes?

So this is occuring more and more often. I am getting these timeouts against an on prem datawarehouse.

It is scheduled imports over an enterprise gateway.

Its often quite small tables so it should not be because of queries taking too long.

Example below.

Scheduled16/10/2019, 10:01:2316/10/2019, 10:07:28FailedBefore the data import for dim Date tmp finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

So what is going on here ? 

I would assume there is some kind of problem estabishling a connection? Is there a separate setting for this that I can change, or a setting for "try again"?

There is no limit on the number of concurrent connections to the database.

The database remote query timeout is set to 100000 seconds..

All imports from the datawarehouse are made with the same service account, so can it be some kind of qeue/pooling issue? But then why only wait 6 minutes?

There is a "skip test connection" setting in the gateway datasource settings. Can this help?

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

If you could update the gateway to the latest version and try it again.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the latest version.

Turned on additonal logging and it seems that I have random certificate issues.

Message: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process.
(provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I force the gateway connection string to trust the sql server certificate (TrustServerCertificate=True)?

Or turn off encryption between on prem machines?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors