Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alexander24
Helper II
Helper II

Scheduled Refresh vs Manual Refresh

Hi there,

I am currently working with a client and we have noticed that when refreshing manually the refresh time is considerably faster than when doing a scheduled refresh

i.e Manual refresh will take 5mins, scheduled refresh will take 20mins

Data Source is SQL Server Data warehouse

Thanks

Alexander

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Alexander24,

Do your mean data refresh on service or on desktop? Could you please describe more details on how did you scale the duration time?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi

I mean on the service, i.e when utilising the schedule refresh service vs triggering a manual refresh on the dataset (i.e Refresh now) -- Refresh Now only takes 5mins to refresh the dataset , whereas our scheuled refreshes can take 20 mins

zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Alexander24,

What do you mean by SQL Server Data warehouse? Is it SQL Server Analysis Services or Azure SQL Data Warehouse or just simple on-premises SQL Server?

Hi

Sorry Its a data warehouse however its just a simple on premise SQL Server from that perspective,

Thanks

Alexander

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors