Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pnussbaumer
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled Refresh not working - always another error message

Hi all,

since days I try to figure out why my "Scheduled Refresh" is not working. The error message is always the same like "The command has been canceled. Table: Core: Currencies" - always another table, never the same.

Facts:

- I alwys get a file (Excel or CSV) from a SharePoint Online Library via "Web.Contents(...)".

- In Power BI Desktop all is working fine.

- Online (app.powerbi.com) I want to configure a scheduled refresh. So I did that AND edited the Credentials for every Data Source (what is always the same SP libaray and Credentials)

That's it. And I always get these error messages and found nothing in a help or so,

Thanks a lot for help!

phil

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Would it be possible to see the actual error message?

Are you running the latest version of Power BI desktop and the On-Premise data gateway?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Dear Gilbert,

thanks a lot for your feedback. Very appreciated.

Thats the whole message BUT the Table where it should happen is always another. So I got the same message with the Table  "ABC", "XYZ", etc. 

Last refresh failed: Fri Feb 15 2019 09:38:18 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time) 
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Message:The command has been canceled. Table: Finance: Revenue Targets.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:3089d1fe-e9ae-4fe9-9327-79a2e60c9bab
Request ID:ea610e85-e0ed-476d-8d1f-554bb9b822af
Time:2019-02-15 08:38:18Z

I am running the latest PBI Desktop I think: 2.65.5313.841 32-bit (December 2018)

Oh, and very important: I don't use a gateway. The documents are all on SharePoint Online in a library. No on-premise.

Thank you,

philip

HI there

When connecting to SharePoint online you can try and change the API version and see if that works?

Here are more details in the solved solution on how to solve it: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Connecting-to-a-SharePoint-List-Office-...

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert, thanks again.

I don't use a SharePoint-List as a Data Source. I go over "Excel.Workbook" and then over "Web.Contents" and there I don't have an API-Version.

Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://XYZ.sharepoint.com/sites/XYZTEa,/Shared%20Documents/XYZFolder/Core%20Data.xlsx"), null, true),

Calendar_Sheet = Source{[Item="Calendar",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data], #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Calendar_Sheet, [PromoteAllScalars=true]), #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Date", type date}, {"Quarter", Int64.Type}, {"FinancialYear", type text}, {"Day", Int64.Type}, ...

I think that should work like this, no?

Thanks,

phil

Hi @pnussbaumer 

Yes that is how it should work.

Could I ask if you had to try and access the file directly would it work or not work?

Power BI Blog

Hello back,

I thought the same... 

Yes, I have definitively access to it. I tried with many accounts; I even tried to give access to the files on SharePoint to the Account where I published the report from the Desktop.

The weird thing is that under "Data source credential" is all "good" in the sense that there is no cross icon or so.

Any other idea? 🙂

Thanks,
phil

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors