Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BridgetTompkin
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled Refresh is grayed out

I can do a refresh, but the gateway connection down to scheduled refresh is greyed out

What do I need to do?

BridgetTompkin_0-1646727409557.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi,

If you have access to sharepoint which is sharepoint online (i assume). you can enter the datasource credentials if it ask after take over and schedule the refresh. It will not affect anything. later on if your customer wants to modify something then they can take over and do it.

Thanks

Hari

View solution in original post

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AmirKatz
Advocate I
Advocate I

The PBI Web must be able to connect to the data source(s) of your dataset. So if you open the Data Source Credentials and it says, 'Failed to test the connection to your data source', it means that one or more of your connections do not have the correct credentials (or any at all).

To resolve:

1. Edit the connection's credentials
  2. PBI Web will test the connection
  3. Repeat 1-2 for each connection
  4. When all connections are good, the Scheduled Refresh will become available.
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BridgetTompkin ,

Try to add datasource first like the below:

vluwangmsft_0-1646991263731.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Thanks for the response - How do I get to the screen shot youposted above?

Hi @BridgetTompkin ,

Test like the below:

vluwangmsft_0-1647222374333.pngvluwangmsft_1-1647222439236.png

Then you will get:

vluwangmsft_2-1647222467871.png

refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-manage 

Best Regards

Lucien

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

As per your screenshot, this dataset was configured by someone. You can see Take over on the top. if you do take over then you can see schedule refresh but you need to consider below information before you take over.

1. When you take over, the data source credentials will be erased so you may need to add it again  if that is not not connected with gateway data source.

2. if the data source is connected via gateway datasource then you need to make sure you have access to gateway datasource so that you can add the dataset into gateway datasource and then configure the schedule refresh.

Thanks

Hari

Thank you - i dont want to take ownership of the report - I'm looking at solving the problem on behalf of my customer.

Hi,

As per my understanding, It is not possible to setup schedule refresh without takeover the dataset.

Thanks

Hari

ok - I have never done a take over before - Looking at your first comment it appears that the connections will be lost when I do this - is that correct? The source data is on Shrepoint, which both I and my customer have access to. 

If I "Take Over" - is there an option to "give Back" without breaking anything?

Hi,

If you have access to sharepoint which is sharepoint online (i assume). you can enter the datasource credentials if it ask after take over and schedule the refresh. It will not affect anything. later on if your customer wants to modify something then they can take over and do it.

Thanks

Hari

Thanks for the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors