Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh from Amazon Redshift

Hi. Was hoping someone had encountered the same issue and could help.
I successfully connected to an HR dataset from PBI Desktop, using Amazon Redshift connector, and published the dataset.
When attempting to schedule refresh in Service, I get the attached error.

IMG_20180217_171349.png
Can anyone tell me what went wrong? Is there any known issue of communication between Amazon Redshift and Azure?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I think your issue may related to server side, please take a look at below official document to know more about this.

The Connection Is Refused or Fails

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft

I was asked to install Amazon Refshift certificate. Not sure where. Is there anywhere in Power BI admin portal where you can install certificates. Looks like Power BI and Amazon Redshift do not "trust" one another in my case

HI @Anonymous,

>>I was asked to install Amazon Refshift certificate.

I don't think this issue related to amazon redshift certificate.

Did you create your redshif cluster in amzon virtual private cloud?

Amazon VPC request add client IP address to security group, but when you use it on power bi service, power bi service not contains static IP address who can add to security group.

If you attempt to connect to the cluster from a client tool outside of the network that the cluster is in, you must add an ingress rule to the cluster security group for the CIDR/IP that you are connecting from:

• If you created your Amazon Redshift cluster in an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), you need to add your client CIDR/IP address to the VPC security group in Amazon VPC. For more information about configuring VPC security groups for your cluster, see Managing Clusters in an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).

• If you created your Amazon Redshift cluster outside a VPC, you need to add your client CIDR/IP address to the cluster security group in Amazon Redshift. For more information about configuring cluster security groups, see Amazon Redshift Cluster Security Groups.

For your requirement, you can vote below idea which told about similar requirement.

Power BI direct connection to Redshift inbound rules

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,
Thanks for your reply. Our IT are working on this with MS support. Looks like we need to whitelist an IP address from MS Powe BI that will be whitelisted by Amazon Redshift.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks,

Asaf

@Anonymous did you get anywhare with this, I'm trying to do the same as you and need a Power Bi IP range to allow connection? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, late to the party.

Is the question here related to using RedShift connector in Power BI without a Gateway?

Tomas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors