Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh failing - We cannot convert the value "[Record]" to type Record.

Hi, I've just set up my first dataset with a scheduled refresh, which is failing for the following reason:

We cannot convert the value "[Record]" to type Record. Table: Lead Consultant Earliest Date.

I'm taking data straight from Dynamics 365 CRM, so everything is in the cloud, so don't believe I need to create a personal data gateway (which I've seen as a solution to this 'message' elsewhere).

I don't know how to solve this and get this refreshing. Any help would be gratefully received as new to this.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
guibenassi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello Andy, 

I guess the problem is related with the columm record at the table Lead Consultant Earliest Date.

Probably something related with the format.

Goes to Modelling and try use another data format

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @guibenassi - thanks for the reply. I got in touch with Power BI support at Microsoft and without me doing anything to my data, it started refreshing correctly. So, I don't think there was anything wrong with my tables/data. They seemed to imply that they rolled out some things in the backend and that possibly sorted out the issue?!? I wish I could say what solved it to help others (especially on this community forum).

Thanks,

Andy

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is hard to troubleshooting without any detailed information, please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

For example:

data source type(dynamic crm online/on premise), detailed error message, any advanced query operations in query table, snapshot...

In addition, you can also take a look at following link about similar issues:

We cannot convert the value "[Record]" to type Record causes refresh fail

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

Sorry I didn't give enough info.

The data source type is Dynamics CRM online (when I click on Gateway Connection) - it says You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud.

As an example, this is the error message I'm getting:

Message We cannot convert the value "[Record]" to type Record. Table: Lead Consultant Earliest Date.
Cluster URI WABI-UK-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID cc96f8c2-b0d3-439e-a30f-f245d6fe6189
Request ID abe9ca7c-32ed-483c-89ec-503953264130
Time 2019-03-30 01:09:44Z

I've taken out this particular table (Lead Consultant Earliest Date) to see if it is this actual table that is causing the problem or if the whole dataset fails. It refreshed in Power BI Service with no problem, so it is something on that particular table.

Lead Consultants Earliest Date:
It was a duplicate of another table and then I did a Group By:

Group By.PNG
And then I created some new measures, as our 'year' runs from August to July, so had to say August was month 1, September was month 2, etc etc to get the months to show from August onwards.

Lead Consultants.PNG

The visualisations update if I force a refresh in the Desktop, but it doesn't refresh in the Service.

Thank you for looking at my query, and I hope I've given enough info now.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi @Anonymous ,

I try to use your activity id to get detailed error message, but I haven't found anything useful. Can you please open a support ticket to get better support from power bi team?

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for trying @v-shex-msft - I have now been in touch with Power BI Support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors