Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spinachbisque

Scheduled Refresh Succeeds but Data Won't Update

I have built a Power BI report that queries data from a SQL Server database at my organization. I've uploaded the report to Power BI online and set up a scheduled refresh with the help of our IT staff. Everything is showing as "green" and I get confirmation that the data refresh succeeds each time it's set to occur. There is no error message or other notification that the refresh failed. HOWEVER, the actual data in the report does not update to reflect the most current data in our SQL Server database. 

When I go into Power BI Desktop and hit the "Refresh" button on the report manually, the data DOES update and show correctly based on the current data in the SQL Server databse. 

Is there a way to fix this issue so that the scheduled refresh in Power BI will actually update based on the most current data in our database? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@spinachbisque How quickly are you checking the report after the dataset has said it has refreshed? The Dataset, Report and dashboard are seperate objects and are not all immediately refreshed after the dataset. It is in order. If the dataset refreshes, it is likely it will be 10-15 before the report, and then the Dashboard. You can also initiate a refresh in the report after the dataset.

If you know, and or tried the above, then this sounds like a bug or issue that you should raise in a support ticket or the issues page.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44

@spinachbisque How quickly are you checking the report after the dataset has said it has refreshed? The Dataset, Report and dashboard are seperate objects and are not all immediately refreshed after the dataset. It is in order. If the dataset refreshes, it is likely it will be 10-15 before the report, and then the Dashboard. You can also initiate a refresh in the report after the dataset.

If you know, and or tried the above, then this sounds like a bug or issue that you should raise in a support ticket or the issues page.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

It's not exactly working, I checked many times in day. As if it seems like a refreshing but indeed not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
We use PowerBI Apps to publish dashboards for everyone to browse.
The issue is, some users don't see the updated data. Look slike data is not getting refreshed for some. I tries 'Refresh' on PowerBi App too.

Apprecaite any help?

Cheers, Roy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors