cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMCCOY
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled Refresh Outtage

There looks to be an issue with the scheduled refresh's online.

Starting today all of our published scheduled refresh's have been failing. The gateway is up and running fine with no issues. Manual refresh's run successfully. If I fully delete the report from online along with its dashboard's and datasets then republish it and create a brand new scheduled refresh it works. Issue is we cant go through hundreds of reports and delete them all and lose all our dashboard and everything just to get the refresh working.

Need to get whatever code was loaded online that broke exsisting reportings scheduled refresh rolled back. Looking at the forums it looks like this is more of a global issue.

Schedule Error.jpgError Message.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DMCCOY
Frequent Visitor

Issue looks to be resolved now. Refresh is completing successfully.

Thanks for fixing this MS 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
loribo10

I had the same issue with my reports.  When one of our DBA's changed something in one of the data warehouse tables, it caused the problem.  My desktop version refreshed just fine with my revised SQL query.  The Power BI service is what was causing the problem.  It was seeing the old data set and not the new one that I had to revise on the desktop.  I would suggest seeing if your administrators changed anything in the data warehouse tables, recently.  Any reports that utilize a revised table, you may have to go into your Power BI service, delete them, and then reload them.  In my case, we changed one simple little thing in a table, an order type.  The order type was replaced with a new name.   Hope this helps.  

loribo10

I had the same issue with my reports.  When one of our DBA's changed something in one of the data warehouse tables, it caused the problem.  My desktop version refreshed just fine with my revised SQL query.  The Power BI service is what was causing the problem.  It was seeing the old data set and not the new one that I had to revise on the desktop.  I would suggest seeing if your administrators changed anything in the data warehouse tables, recently.  Any reports that utilize a revised table, you may have to go into your Power BI service, delete them, and then reload them.  In my case, we changed one simple little thing in a table, an order type.  The order type was replaced with a new name.   Hope this helps.  

jderekc
Helper IV
Helper IV

It appears we are still having the issue to some extent.  Some of my datasets are still failing intermittently with the same errors as last time referencing the cluster.  Can someone look into this or respond back with potential steps to take?

Thanks,

Derek

My datasets seems to fail after as little as one minute.  This is affecting several different datasets, some larger (one or two million total rows) and some quite small (a few thousand).  Please advise when possible as this issue is recurring and interrupting productivity.  If this needs to be a new post, let me know.

Regards,

Derek

powerbifailures-31May17-1.PNG

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

All my refreshes are still failing for no apparent reason. It's been almost a week. When are you guys going to fix this?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello? Anyone? Can I at least get a useful error message to tell me why all my refreshes are failing? It doesn't matter what source I'm connecting to or where that source is, everything is just failing. I'm on week three of this now. I'm going to lose my goddamned job if nobody can get their data.

Hi KHorseman,

I'm not with Microsoft so I won't be able to give you a good answer.  Do you receive notification emails from Power BI upon failure or do you just look at the error message within the web app?  I think the notification emails sometime do a better job about describing an issue--but only just barely.

Have you tried manual refreshes, perhaps on one dataset at a time (or a few at a time)?  Do the automatic refreshes EVER work?  If so, have you seen any sort of pattern (e.g.: they only work after business hours)?

Have you tried updating the gateway service on your server(s)?

Sorry that I am unable to help.  I figured I'd try.  I am unsure why you would still experience the issue.  Hopefully Microsoft will chime in soon for you.

Best regards,

Derek

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

These datasets have been working for a year now and just started failing last week. Manual refreshes do not work either. Somebody please tell me what the hell an "Exception of type 'Microsoft.DataProxy.Exceptions.HybridException' " is and how do I get rid of it?

Have you looked at the following article?  It may provide some insight:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Any-clue-waht-this-means-Microsoft-Data...

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

That thread consists entirely of people asking what that error means and nobody giving them an answer. So no, it does not provide any insight. But thank you for trying.

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Despite this being marked "solved" it is not solved. My refreshes are still failing.

DMCCOY
Frequent Visitor

Issue looks to be resolved now. Refresh is completing successfully.

Thanks for fixing this MS 🙂

View solution in original post

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mine have all been failing today too, all with no useful error message. Actually there were a lot of failures starting last Friday...

Same problem here. Scheduled refreshes are not working. My particular cluster is WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net. I wonder if it's all of them.

Same cluster here.

I am in Australia and my datasets have been refreshing with no issues, so possibly could be a cluster related issue?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors