Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Desenv2sti

Scheduled Refresh + OneDrive

Hi guys!

I'm facing an issue related to the Auto Refresh.

I currently use a .XLSX as database, directly from my OneDrive account. During the development, everything works. When I upload the .pbix to service, it keeps returning errors though.

This is the error:

cel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.

It seems that the Dashboard actually refreshes, but the error still remains and the real problem is that after X times, the Auto refresh gets disabled automatically.

I was told PBI can't work with .XLS properly, so I changed the file extension to .XLXS, but the problem seems to be the same.

Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Desenv2sti ,

Have you tried the solutions in the link given below the error message?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Can you show us how you are connecting to the file? something like your PowerQuery source in the Transform data tool.

I know a guide that haven't failed before if you want to try it:
https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/185337134590/alternativa-para-conectar-power-bi-a-onedrive

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hey @ibarrau !!

Thank you for your answer, but this is exactly the way it is 😞

The data updates, but the error remains. After 3, 4 or 5 (I don't know) times, it just stops.

What could it be?

Hi. I'm asking for the power query code to understand the connection and guide you to connect directly to the web without gateway. This is usually an error of a data gateway. Commonly through from access or xls files with different versions between PBI Desktop/Gateway and Office tools. When one is 32 bits and the other is 64bits, they usually send a conflict.

My idea was connecting like the post I have sent to avoid that version issue.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors