Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Juramirez
Resolver I
Resolver I

Scheduled Refresh One gateway with different data source

Hi all!

I have a Gateway installed on a Windows server and it works fine! I have a doubt:

I have 3 Datasource asociated to this gateway so when i refresh Datasource A it consumes one of my eight refresh per day. This means that if I refresh one datasource, my refresh per day in all data sources are affected?  I mean refreshing Datasource A affect my refresh per day in Datasource B and Datasource C?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Juramirez If you had 3 datasets that all pointed to the same datasource, you would have 8 refreshes per dataset. So, 24 total refreshes if you looked at it from a data source perspective. But I would encourage you not to think of it that way.

A DataSet gets 8x refreshes per day (for import connection type). It doesn't matter where it is sourcing the data from.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Juramirez Dataset vs. Datasource. You can refresh a  dataset (the combined sources of information in Power BI) up to 8x per day. If you have the same data source connected to multiple datasets, there is no restriction.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks for your answer. So, if I have my On Demand Gateway which have 3 datasources and I have 3 datasets that are connected to this 3 datasources (one to one), when I refresh one of this datasets doesn't affect the other datasets refreshes (I mean, you have 8x per day to refresh so if you have 3 datasets you have 24x refresh per day (one for each dataset/datasource) or 8x refresh per day (8 times to refresh per Gateway, no matter how many datasets you have). Can't understand this very well.

Regards

@Juramirez If you had 3 datasets that all pointed to the same datasource, you would have 8 refreshes per dataset. So, 24 total refreshes if you looked at it from a data source perspective. But I would encourage you not to think of it that way.

A DataSet gets 8x refreshes per day (for import connection type). It doesn't matter where it is sourcing the data from.

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks for your answer, that's what I was looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors