Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SmallCityGuy
Regular Visitor

Scheduled Refresh Issue - Text.Combine - PowerBI Desktop PowerQuery (Advanced Editor) - OData

Hi, I've recently begun to use OData calls for pulling data from Microsoft CRM.  I'm currently using a programmatically created DataTime value to filter an EmailSet by the last 30 days.  This pulls data to PowerBI Desktop as expected, but whenever I try to publish to PowerBI Online, it seems that it has a problem with Text.Combine. As it will work if I do not use it and use a static String. However, if I use the dynamic (programmatically created) string it always says: "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh."

If there is a way to circumvent this or another way to do it, any information would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@SmallCityGuy  Perhaps easiest way to do is create a calculated column using below code and use that in slicer to filter.

Column = IF(YourTable[EmailDateColumn] < (TODAY()-30),"less than 30 days","not less than 30 days")

This way you won't have to worry about any data refresh issue. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@SmallCityGuy  Perhaps easiest way to do is create a calculated column using below code and use that in slicer to filter.

Column = IF(YourTable[EmailDateColumn] < (TODAY()-30),"less than 30 days","not less than 30 days")

This way you won't have to worry about any data refresh issue. 

Thanks, It seems that this will inevitably be the way that I'll end up doing it. The my reasoning for the OData filter is so that I don't have to download so much data into PowerBI, in the hopes to reduce the time it take to refresh. Now I'll most likely just have to hardcode a date in where needed (and update every month). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors