Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh Fails Big Query REST API Timeout

Hi everyone!

I have four datasets in Power BI which connects to Big Query. They connect to same tables, but some of them have more tables, some less, due to manage access rights.

And for one of them sometimes, have noticed that usually it happens on Tuesdays, I receive error:

DataSource.Error: <pii>ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached</pii>. DataSourceKind = <pii>GoogleBigQuery</pii>. DataSourcePath = <pii>GoogleBigQuery</pii>. OdbcErrors = <pii>#table({"SQLState", "NativeError", "Message"}, {})</pii>. ;ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Or this one:

DataSource.Error: <pii>ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached</pii>. DataSourceKind = <pii>GoogleBigQuery</pii>. DataSourcePath = <pii>GoogleBigQuery</pii>. OdbcErrors = <pii>#table({"SQLState", "NativeError", "Message"}, {})</pii>. ;ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Timeout was reached. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

I have reserve refresh and mostly the second one refreshes successfully. But on Tuesday it takes four time or even more to refresh the dataset. I cannot understand why this happens and what can I do, as other three refreshes with no errors, completely.

All connection strings look like:

Source = GoogleBigQuery.Database([BillingProject="project_name", UseStorageApi=false, ConnectionTimeout=#duration(0,0,180,0), CommandTimeout=#duration(0,0,180,0)]),
#"project_name" = Source{[Name="project_name"]}[Data],
schema_name_Schema = #"project_name"{[Name="schema_name",Kind="Schema"]}[Data],

view_name_View = schema_name_Schema{[Name="view_name",Kind="View"]}[Data]

I'm stack and don't know what to do. Maybe someone had this issue and can help.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

vxiaotang_0-1624857189590.png

For this type of error, you can refer to the solution in last post, see

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Error-interacting-with-REST-API-Timeout-was-reached/m-p/1716609

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/REST-api-to-google-big-query-crashes/m-p/800366

if you still have problem, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

vxiaotang_0-1624857189590.png

For this type of error, you can refer to the solution in last post, see

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Error-interacting-with-REST-API-Timeout-was-reached/m-p/1716609

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/REST-api-to-google-big-query-crashes/m-p/800366

if you still have problem, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Thank you for the answer.

There is no refresh parallelism, as I made refreshes that way, so each has it own time.

About plans timeout, I'm not sure about plan we have (admin team should upgrade to P2, but it's a big problem to communicate with them). But even when we had P1, dataset could be refreshing up to 6 hours.

And now, as I couldn't refresh dataset, I made it manually in desktop and republished, however now I have bigger problem. It timeout in 20 minutes. Last several times it took approximately 2 hours, to make full refresh. Could be something changed? Timeout limit?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors