cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siddharthdeshp

Scheduled Refresh Fail - Unable to Connect to SharePoint

My Dashboard is hosted on the Power BI service, and uses SharePoint as the data source, over the last week, the refresh was working and data was populating correctly, on sat, the refresh fails stating that the credentials of the SharePoint have changed, which is not the case. a screenshot is attached for reference. what can be the posssible reasons for it and how should I tackle this problem? 

SharePoint error1.png

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all, @siddharthdeshp  @MarkLDC @CCMlay22 

//Another workaround is you can add another data source in the same gateway, with the same SharePoint list, this will allow you to sign into the credentials and you can connect that to the Dashboard. 

Tried the method suggested by siddharthdeshp? You can try adding a new data source and remap.

vcgaomsft_2-1653549781535.png

If it cannot be edited, this may be the reason.

To be able to edit existing data sources the user needs to have DataSource. Owner permission on that specific DataSource. You can ask the gateway admin to grant you that permission.

vcgaomsft_0-1653549642356.png

vcgaomsft_1-1653549662882.png

If there are still questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all, @siddharthdeshp  @MarkLDC @CCMlay22 

//Another workaround is you can add another data source in the same gateway, with the same SharePoint list, this will allow you to sign into the credentials and you can connect that to the Dashboard. 

Tried the method suggested by siddharthdeshp? You can try adding a new data source and remap.

vcgaomsft_2-1653549781535.png

If it cannot be edited, this may be the reason.

To be able to edit existing data sources the user needs to have DataSource. Owner permission on that specific DataSource. You can ask the gateway admin to grant you that permission.

vcgaomsft_0-1653549642356.png

vcgaomsft_1-1653549662882.png

If there are still questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Hi there, 

Yes, I was able to completely relink the files and it all is working fine now. Thanks for the help all!

Mark

CCMlay22

Hi,

This is also affecting us. Same error code, also since Sat!
Have you managed to find a solution or a workaround to this?

Thanks

Hi, Yes we have! 

The SharePoint Credentials have not changed, you need go to Data source connections in the Dataset tab, sign into the SharePoint keeping the Authentication as "OAuth2" and Privacy level at "Organizational" and refresh the dataset. 

It worked for us. Do let me know if this works for you as well!

We have tried that but for whatever reason it won't give us the option of saving the update:

MarkLDC_0-1653407228458.png

Any thoughts?

You will have to go "Edit Credentials" under the Authentication method and sign in. 

I have tried that, and when I link to my account it still doesn't give the option of saving unfortunately

Another workaround is you can add another data source in the same gateway, with the same SharePoint list, this will allow you to sign into the credentials and you can connect that to the Dashboard. 

MarkLDC

We are having the same issue 😕

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2022 update 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the August 2022 updates!

August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors