Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aimeeclaird
Helper IV
Helper IV

Scheduled Refresh - Dataset - Error Message "Key didn't match"

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I have recently setup scheduled refresh for a number of datasets however the refreshes appear to be failing - all datasets are connected via Share Point to the same xlsx. file.

Yesterday, whilst using my usual business PBI account I got the following error message:

Processing error: The credentials provided for the Share Point source are invalid 

Our IT / Microsoft Admin team set up a secondary account for me which they advised had admin rights for PBI.  I went into each dataset as the admin and ensured the credentials were logged in with the admin account, authentication was set to Oauth2 and privacy level to Organisational.

However the scheduler has just run and i'm now getting a different error message on them all:

Processing error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.

Cluster URI: WABI-UK-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: e3cb7df0-4615-474b-89b4-d6ad47d3bcf0

Request ID: f9bad0d3-21f4-7038-a8f9-d600e5cf5c47

Time: 2021-01-13 13:25:09Z

I should add that in both scenarios I have been able to manually refresh the report/dataset from within the pbix. files.

Can anyone help with any suggestions or to provide more detail of the admin rights I may need that I can share with our IT support please?

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aimeeclaird ,

Would you please check if you have changed any columns or sheet name in your excel?  If something in your data source is renamed or deleted , it will leads to the issue. For more details, please refer to  https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2020/04/06/understanding-the-the-key-didnt-match-any-rows-in-the-table-... and https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Expression-Error-The-key-didn-t-match-any-rows-in-the-table...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft Thanks for the reply however this is the first thing I checked as i've seen this error before in Desktop but not Service.

After more investigation, it appears that the issue is not only a Scheduled refresh in Service but also manual refreshed in Service too. Everything in Desktop works fine! Very odd. 

Thanks,

Aimee

Hi @Aimeeclaird ,

Would you please show us the m query in advanced editor of  query editor? There is so little information at the moment that it is difficult to get to the root of the issue.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors