Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Strizzolo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Scheduled Cache Refresh Azure Analysis Services fails

Hi,

I have a problem regarding Azure AS connection. I have a report live connected to a Tabular model inside Azure AS, published on the service.

Microsoft credentials used on the data source settings are correct. Manual refreshes work fine.

The problem is about scheduled cache refreshes: after 8 hours, Power BI sends me this error: "It looks like the refresh token expired. Please go to this dataset's setting page, and reenter the undefined credentials for the undefined data source." and disables the scheduled refresh. Manual refreshes still work fine. Every time I successfully reenter my credentials, after 8 hour this problem reappears.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Strizzolo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unfortunately that was not the reason for the error, however it resolved itself. We didn't find out why. Thank you anyway!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Strizzolo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unfortunately that was not the reason for the error, however it resolved itself. We didn't find out why. Thank you anyway!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would chat with your network admin.

It appears that your account expires after 8 hours causing the token to fail.

The best solution is to have an account which has got access to your AAS Server and where the account token does not expire after a certain amount of hours>?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert

thanks for the answer.

I am ignorant: can an account expire after only 8 hours? And every time I schedule the cache refresh?

Thanks.

As far as I know the network Admin in Azure Active Directory can specify how long a login token is valid for.

I think 8 hours is how long people typically work for, so this might be a coincidence?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors