cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Schedule refreshes

Hi, how often can the Power BI report be updated If I import the data from SharePoint via a web data source and publish it to the Power BI service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Samrawit21 ,

If you import the data from SharePoint via a web data source and publish it to the Power BI service,then in Service,it will show as a scheduled refresh,then you need to set the refresh frequency per your request.It wont be refreshed automatically.

Screenshot 2020-09-28 154958.png

Here is the reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Samrawit21 ,

The number of automatic refreshes is based on your license.  The standard Pro license allows up to 8 refreshes a day.  The other licenses can allow more.  If you want to manually update it you can update it as many times as you would like during the day - but that is not very efficient so using the automatic refresh is much better.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Samrawit21 ,

If you import the data from SharePoint via a web data source and publish it to the Power BI service,then in Service,it will show as a scheduled refresh,then you need to set the refresh frequency per your request.It wont be refreshed automatically.

Screenshot 2020-09-28 154958.png

Here is the reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors