Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yael
Helper IV
Helper IV

Schedule refresh + subscribe when connecting Live to Tabualr

Hello,

I'm connecting Live to Tabular Model.

I've created a report, and want to schedule this report and receive it by mail every 2 hours.

When creating a report from Tabular connect Live, Is there a possibility to define a refresh frequency and subscribe so I would receive an email every 2 hours?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yael,

#3 from the link above, "You will be sent an email whenever the data is updated, but no more than once per day."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Yael,

In power bi service, schedule refresh can only be set on import mode, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data.

If the report refreshes more than once a day, you will only receive the email snapshot after the first refresh, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-report-subscribe.

For email subscriptions on live connection datasets, you will only get emails when the data changes. So, if a refresh occurs but no data changes, Power BI will not send you an email.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks @v-yuta-msft.

I connect Live to Tabular. I've created a report, published to the web, set a refresh of data set for every 2 hours, and subscribed. I still receive the mail once a day, and the data has refreshed and changed more often than that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yael,

#3 from the link above, "You will be sent an email whenever the data is updated, but no more than once per day."

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors