Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BruceAnderson
Helper II
Helper II

Schedule refresh keeps resetting

I have a datasource which is an SQL connection, using the latest gateway.  When I save the Schedule Refresh to "Yes" it stays that way for up to a day, but then next day it is back to "No".  I don't know why it is occuring.  Is there anything I can check?

Also, is there a way to set a different email address for the refresh failures? Power BI service will only send to my admin PowerBI account, which has no email. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BruceAnderson,

In your scenario, I would suggest you check the Refresh History to find the detail information of the failure. Also please check if the personal or data gateway is available in dataset settings. Verify if any one modified the settings after you enable schedule refresh.

In addition, based on my test, the schedule refresh failure email will be sent to the owner of this dataset, who sets this schedule refresh. Currently, we are not able to set prefer email address when the schedule refresh is failure, you can comment and vote on this idea: Scheduled Refresh failure notification should go to service/admin account.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
a_fman
Helper I
Helper I

Having the same issue here. Will go into schedule refresh, turn the switch to Yes, setup my times, then apply. Popup indicates that was successful. If I then go to any other screen in the service and come back to it, it resets to No. 

The Refresh Now functionality works with no issue, but it is as if it doesn't save anything under Schedule Refresh. I just set one for 11am, and watched the logs, but nothing even showed in the logs.

Any ideas? This is fairly critical.

Ah, we have a fix here. We had Reports and Datasets, but no Dashboards setup. Setting one of the report pages as a live tile on a dashboard allowed it to keep the Yes for Scheduled Refresh, as well as the times.

My scheduled refresh also keeps resetting to 'No' the last few days. Without failing refresh... very strange. 

Still having this issue. I set scheduled refresh, turn it on, I get confirmation, but then after a while its set back to Off.

Regarding the suggestions above:

- I have active dashboards.

- Gateway is running

- This does not coincide with failed refreshes or refresh times

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BruceAnderson,

In your scenario, I would suggest you check the Refresh History to find the detail information of the failure. Also please check if the personal or data gateway is available in dataset settings. Verify if any one modified the settings after you enable schedule refresh.

In addition, based on my test, the schedule refresh failure email will be sent to the owner of this dataset, who sets this schedule refresh. Currently, we are not able to set prefer email address when the schedule refresh is failure, you can comment and vote on this idea: Scheduled Refresh failure notification should go to service/admin account.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks for the response.

I did already check the things that you mention for the refresh, it is looking like the gateway had become inaccessible. 

I did vote for the idea you referenced just now!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@BruceAnderson Not faced this before but only reason i can think of is maybe your gateway becomes inaccessible for a short while and that coincides with the schedule refresh time which will be setting it to "No". But not 100% sure on that. You will need to check that with MS support.

Thank you,  yes I had wondered if that was the case but hadn't noticed any instability of the server it is running from.  I will keep that in mind though.  Would really be great if the alert mail address could be changed though.  So annoying to need to go in every feew hours to check.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors