Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule refresh Azure API as data source

I have a dataset which has an azure cloud API data source.

I can connect with the desktop application to the data source, including passing the Bearer token.

From here I can manually refresh in the desktop version, but when I publish to service the Schedule refresh gets disabled.

The warning triangle under Actions says; "Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh."

And under Settings->Datasets it says; "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

I dont use any credentials in the desktop version when refreshing, why cant I schedule refresh? Is there any workaround?

Heres my datasource connection;

= Table.FromColumns({Lines.FromBinary(Web.Contents("https://analytics.azurewebsites.net/api//Events?from=2020-01-01T00:00:00.000Z&to=2050-01-22T23:59:59...", [Headers=[Authorization="Bearer <token>"]]), null, null, 65001)})

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

To get to the Scheduled refresh screen:

1. In the navigation pane, under Datasets, select More options (...) next to a dataset listed .

2. Select Schedule Refresh.

Gateway connection

You will see different options here depending on whether you have a personal, or enterprise, gateway online and available.

If no gateway is available, you will see Gateway connection disabled. You will also see a message indicating how to install the personal gateway.

If you have a personal gateway configured, it is available to select if it is online. It will show offline if it is not available.

You can also select the enterprise gateway if one is available for you. You will only see an enterprise gateway available if your account is listed in the Users tab of the data source configured for a given gateway.

I hope this infromation helps!

Regards,

Lewis

Developer

Apps4rent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I now noticed under Gateway connection it says;
"You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect."

Still though I cant refresh, and I never enter any credentials anywhere in desktop, the only security is a Bearer token which works on desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lewis and thanks for response,

Unfortunately Ive done these steps aswell, sorry for not including..

When I enter the settings for Datasets, I can see my personal gateway, I cant however select it and the status says "Not configured correctly", so when I press the gear symbol Im directed to the Gateway Clusters, here it says Im "Online: You are good to go.".

From here I cant add "New data source" to the cluster because of the token, but it also says under Gateway connection that; "Optional - Add to gateway"

And under Data source credentials it says;

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.

The data source is Web in Power BI desktop

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors