Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule data refresh failure

Hi,

I have set a scheduled refresh on Power BI but today found an error below but when I refreshed on Power BI desktop is no error.

Data source error: Expression.Error: <pii>We cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary.</pii>. . The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: OB.
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: f33510b4-c75a-43bc-baed-951122f429bf
Request ID: 10946e18-3a69-dd29-a8dd-494ab0e03ca0
Time: 2021-11-23 01:42:04Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

The information you provided is too little for us to judge. Please add more information.

First, I suggest you check whether there is a binary data type in column in Power Query.

Second, you can check whether there is a problem with data source credentials, privacy level(public) in service.

Or you can try to delete all reports related and re-publish it to see if it has issue.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Aburar_123
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi,

Below might be the issue,

you might have connected a data source where a Column1 might be detected as a non binary so you would have manually changed it to Binary in the Query editor for your requirement. Later you might have replaced the data where the value in the Column1 might be the Binary and the power bi end also it might be automatically detected as Binary.

So this time it will throw this error as you have the Power query step to manually convert it to Binary again.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

The information you provided is too little for us to judge. Please add more information.

First, I suggest you check whether there is a binary data type in column in Power Query.

Second, you can check whether there is a problem with data source credentials, privacy level(public) in service.

Or you can try to delete all reports related and re-publish it to see if it has issue.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for consideration.

I try to revise the query again and that solved the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors