Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmotisi

Schedule Refresh with ODBC Source

HI,

I have a problem to schedule a refresh of data with ODBC Source.

I have an on-premise data gateway (not personal) installed on machine. When I configure gateway and Datasource on Manage Gateway Section the messagges that apper are:

- On Gateway Settings:  "Online: You are good to go"

- Data Source Settings: "Connection Successfull"

If I try to schedule refresh on dataset of myReport, Power BI show this error message:

You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway.

Also, in Gateway connection section I can't select the Gatway because the selection is disabled.

NOTE: Datasource on Gateway is the same as DataSource on Report.

Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@cmotisi,

Do you connect to Excel/csv files stored in SharePoint Online?

If so, you are combining online data sources and on-premises data source in a single dataset, in this scenario, you would need to use personal gateway instead of on-premises gateway to refresh your dataset as currently on-premises gateway doesn't support OAuth type authentication and thus it is not possible to add the Excel/CSV data source withine on-premises gateway.

However if you connect to Excel/csv files tored in on-premises SharePoint, please add the Excel/csv data source within on-premises gateway, then you will be able to use on-premises gateway to refresh your dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cmotisi,

Does your dataset only contain the ODBC data source? Please go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings in Power BI Desktop to check data sources and post a screenshot about the data sources.

Besides, please post a screenshot about the connection string you use to connect to ODBC data source under on-premises gateway.

There is also a similar thread about how to add ODBC data source within on-premises gateway for your reference.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My dataset contains ad ODBC Datasource and excel/csv datasouce, like following:

DS.PNG

Thank's

Claudio

@cmotisi,

Do you connect to Excel/csv files stored in SharePoint Online?

If so, you are combining online data sources and on-premises data source in a single dataset, in this scenario, you would need to use personal gateway instead of on-premises gateway to refresh your dataset as currently on-premises gateway doesn't support OAuth type authentication and thus it is not possible to add the Excel/CSV data source withine on-premises gateway.

However if you connect to Excel/csv files tored in on-premises SharePoint, please add the Excel/csv data source within on-premises gateway, then you will be able to use on-premises gateway to refresh your dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Yes, I Connect to Excel/Csv files on SharePoint Online on Office365.

I'll try to install a personal gateway.

Regards,
Claudio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors