Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

Schedule Refresh w/o time specified what does it mean?

I do have a PPU lisence working on shared capacity Workspace. All of my tables are in Import Mode. 

Trying to understand what this really mean? On a simple context

By default it runs daily but I dont have any idea which specific time it is.

I am located in the Far East. Just want to know how this setup works on a refresh perspective. 

v_mark_0-1669602269137.png

Any example scenario or document is highly appreciated. Thank you for the help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @v_mark 

No. If there is no time specified in  scheduled refresh, PowerBI will not automatically refresh the imported data.

You may need to click “Dataset”->"Refresh Now" to manually refresh the imported data.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @v_mark 

You can perform multiple dataset refreshes daily, which might be necessary if the underlying source data changes frequently. In addition to specifying the Refresh frequency and local Time zone, you also need to configure multiple Time nodes for the daily scheduled refresh.

You dataset resides on a Premium capacity, you can schedule up to 48 refreshes per day in the dataset settings.

veasonfmsft_1-1669687269813.png

veasonfmsft_2-1669687839543.png

Reference:

Data refresh in Power BI 

Configure scheduled refresh 

Best Regards,

I appreciate sharing that information. I might misunderstood your statement. 

Are you saying that by default without any time specified.

The refresh will kick in on my actual local timezone when I turn on the auto scheduled refresh? 

For example.  my current local time is 10:41AM 

so since there is no time specified and it was set daily the automated refresh  will run at 10:41AM everyday. 

Hi, @v_mark 

No. If there is no time specified in  scheduled refresh, PowerBI will not automatically refresh the imported data.

You may need to click “Dataset”->"Refresh Now" to manually refresh the imported data.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors